If it's your property the robber wants, give it up. You can replace your purse or car. Just be calm and get a good description of the robber and/or his car so you can tell the authorities. But, if it's You he wants, have a plan in mind to survive.
There are three main reasons why women are easy targets for random acts of violence.
2. Body Language
3. Wrong Place at the Wrong Time
Let's look at each one of these a little closer.
- If you feel or see a problem, do whatever you can to avoid a confrontation. Change your route or cross the street.
- Do not look like an easy target; look strong and confident. Most aggressors will back down if you maintain eye contact and are not intimidated by them. You lose your appeal as a target if you can identify them.
- If someone is coming toward you-- hold out your hands in front of you and yell STOP! Or STAY BACK! If you are carrying a safety whistle, blow it now to sound an alarm. Remember, he is looking for an easy target-- not someone unafraid to make noise or fight back.
- Always carry a personal protection product and a safety whistle with you at all times.
- Always remain alerted when in parking lots or parking garages and if you are concerned about going to your vehicle, ask someone to escort you. Between, under, and behind cars are good places for someone to hide and wait for their victim.
- Always approach your vehicle with your personal protection product and keys in hand and ready.
- Check your car before you open the door.
- Getting in and out of your car and walking to your car should be considered danger areas.
- Do not leave your car unlocked even for a few minutes. Attackers have been known to lay in wait for these opportunities.
- Your windows should be up and your car doors locked even while driving to prevent someone from jumping into your car at intersections and stop lights.
- Many of us today are trying to stay healthy and fit, so we jog or walk on a regular basis. So while we are exercising it is important for us to know some things we can do to keep ourselves safe.
- Be alert and aware of your surroundings. Do not go places that seem to be dangerous.
- Do not assume that the area you're in is safe just because it has been in the past.
- Change your routes and routines on a regular basis to avoid predators from being able to track your movements or actions.
- Do not use a cell phone in isolated areas at any time. It will reduce your awareness of the area.
- While walking or jogging make mental notes of safe houses or safe places that can be used if the need arises.
There is one last point that needs to be addressed. As women, we are always sympathetic, and we try to help Everyone. We have to STOP doing that! Don't get caught up in this trap. Too many women have been kidnapped, raped and murdered because they wanted to help a stranger.
If you find yourself in this situation of someone trying to kidnap you, you should know, most victims don't come back alive. So, have a plan in mind of what you are going to do to save yourself, run in the opposite direction while blowing your safety whistle or yell loudly, throw yourself on the ground becoming a dead weight, or fake an illness.
These are ways to resist your attacker that don't involve fighting, but if they don't work fighting may be your only option. No matter what your age of physical condition, it is important to understand that you can and should defend yourself physically if it is your last option. Statistics clearly show that your odds of survival are far greater if you
Statistics clearly show that your odds of survival are far greater if you Do fight back. Aim for the eyes first and the groin second. Use the element of surprise to your advantage. Strike quickly and mean business.
You may only get one chance! It is important for all of us to empower ourselves with safety information. Remember to use common sense and learn to trust your instinct. Should you find yourself in a struggle for survival, do not give up or give in to fear. Turn your body's fear into
You may only get one chance! It is important for all of us to empower ourselves with safety information. Remember to use common sense and learn to trust your instinct. Should you find yourself in a struggle for survival, do not give up or give in to fear. Turn your body's fear into a rage to stop your attacker. Your goal is to make it home alive. Everything else is secondary. Don't think an attack can ever happen to YOU!
Safety First Products
In today’s world, nobody can ever be too prepared to practice self-defense. The Safety Cat, Carabiner, and The Safety First Tube Whistle are perfect for personal protection and self-defense for women.
The Carabiner and Tube Safety Whistles are made of anodized aluminum, and the Safety Cat is made of anodized aircraft aluminum. They can be carried easily; taking very little room in your purse and carried comfortably in the hand so that you are ready to strike when needed.
Make sure every female member of your family has one of these, or both items, with them at all times. Hopefully, they’ll never need to use them but will give everyone peace of mind knowing they have these tools in hand, so you are ready to sound an alarm or to strike when needed.
Click Here to see our products!